Floor Shift Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allenm7276

Reaction score
I have a 97 step side that I am doing some work on the interior. I am converting to a floor shift using a shifter from a Cadillac Seville. Is there a console from a that will bolt in with some modification?

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Escalade/Denali console is the only option I am aware of that is a bolt in. You might be able to modify it to work with a Seville floor shifter.

Allenm7276

Reaction score
I have gotten the floor shifter installed, seems to work well. However. the column has a lock actuator (GM#26097679) that is part of the linkage. What this the function of this unit, and is necessary? The truck is not a 4WD.

Allenm7276

Reaction score
Having headlight problems. Turn off intermittently (driving lights still on) then go back to normal after a few minutes. I have replaced main switch and multi-function switch. Problem still there. Cannot find chaffed wires or loose connections. I'm at a loss, suggestions?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For anyone think about doing this swap, here is mine. The console is out of a 2006 Tahoe. The front ( shifter part ) is custom built, as is all of the parts that the horseshoe ( Chevelle, Camaro) shifter handle is mounted to. The base plate, and detent plate, I built. I reused the OE shift cable, just moved it from the column to the floor. I removed and unpluged the black shifter lock rod that wont let you shift untill you push the brakes. Once I pulled the OE shifter, I pulled the socket that it fits into, and cut the socket side off, then reinstalld the tang back into the shift socket on the column. This way, the column is in P and this lets you remove the key from the ignition. It is still a work in progerss, as I am still making a marker plate for the floor shifter ( like a Chevelle has) and the cover plate for that, but the indicator on the dash still shows what gear the trans is in.
You must be registered for see images attach