Floating Display Single Din

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itgm

Reaction score
I plan on using this when I mount mine:
You must be registered for see images attach

dozerpilot

Reaction score
They almost got me with the floating display. It seemed like a good idea until they started making them so big they interfered with the hvac controls, vent, and possibly gear selector.

I feel like I dodged a bullet. The extra labor was worth the clean and uncluttered dash. I’ve been playing with this Atoto while I’m installing the new carpet and I really like it.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I'll pull the code off the can I used on my GMT800 center console. It took me 2 tries to match the interior color up on my '99 'burb.

This is the backup camera I used:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dozerpilot

Reaction score
I found it said med beige on the back side of some of the interior panels. I think I messed up by going off of an online vin decoder instead of actually looking at the RPOs in the glove box. It doesn’t even bother me anymore though. I am partially color blind, so there’s that, lol.

I gotta say, I’m really content with this inexpensive ATOTO head unit and backup camera. It feels much higher quality than the cost would suggest.

mn_ski

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got mine installed. I wanted to wait until I had my backup camera wired in so I wouldn’t have to keep removing the bezel.

Either the SEM version of “Light Neutral” is way lighter than GM’s, or I miss read my RPO code. It’s so far off, it looks intentional. I’ll spare myself another $28 can of paint and another week of waiting to run it as-is.

The HVAC controls must be original, because they were super brittle and didn’t take kindly to drilling or screwing. The Metra instructions were a little vague about relocating that module, but it’s pretty well jammed in there. I couldn’t screw it in, so it’s just an “interference” fit.

I’m really happy with the Atoto head unit so far. The interior is stripped to install a new carpet, so I haven’t spent much time messing with the stereo except to test it all out.

@dozerpilot how has this setup be holding up? Do you still like the Metra DD bezel? How about the Atoto unit? Curious on your HVAC install did you shift the controls down slightly? It kind of looks like it in the first picture you posted. When I look at other peoples photos of the Metra bezel it still covers up some of the HVAC control graphics, especially the far right control knob. I always wondered if the HVAC could be moved down 1/2" to correct this.

dozerpilot

Reaction score
I’ve been very happy with the whole install. The Suburban has been a daily driver this whole time. About 11k miles worth. It’s even seen a fair bit of logging road miles, and nothing has shifted or gotten squeaky . I wish Id bought the right color paint, but that’s the only thing I would do different.

I was able to move the HVAC controls down just enough. I did end up replacing the controls because I broke the original. Those things get brittle, so be careful.

I like it well enough that I plan on installing the exact same setup in my Chevy K2500. Even the Atoto backup camera has worked flawlessly.