flip out dvd touch screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome! Hopefully the install goes smoothly. Post some pics when you get it done!

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not aware of anything like that. Most of the Android OS head units I've seen are double DIN, have no CD/DVD capability, and in general are some cheap Chinese crap when it comes to sound quality and adjustments.
Yeah, I understand that completely, I do believe the double din unit my old tech school instructor used in his Mustang was an android OS Kenwood, but it had a list of $600 or so, and Fleabay had them listed for around $550. So I may just have to deal without it if I wanted an update. Also, I'm not too worried about the CD/DVD capabilities, as I dont have many CDs anymore these days. But thank you for the help!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand that completely, I do believe the double din unit my old tech school instructor used in his Mustang was an android OS Kenwood, but it had a list of $600 or so, and Fleabay had them listed for around $550. So I may just have to deal without it if I wanted an update. Also, I'm not too worried about the CD/DVD capabilities, as I dont have many CDs anymore these days. But thank you for the help!

No problem, I don't know how helpful I actually was. :lol:

One thing that did come to mind was modifying the dash bezel for a Samsung tablet and running lossless audio straight to an amp from a USB DAC like a FiiO, but at that point you'd be doing even more work than the double DIN kits.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem, I don't know how helpful I actually was. :lol:

One thing that did come to mind was modifying the dash bezel for a Samsung tablet and running lossless audio straight to an amp from a USB DAC like a FiiO, but at that point you'd be doing even more work than the double DIN kits.
You were a good amount of help, at least pointing me in the right direction of information to research.
You must be registered for see images attach

But unfortunately in my case, due to having a Timeless conversion done, I'd hate to try and match everything up, and still make it look like it did, so I may honestly end up going with a retrofit bluetooth factory unit, I find them every now and then for around $180-$260 roughly, and still retain the factory 1.5din unit, with updated bass/treble values, as well as bluetooth function. We will see once funds free up some, as a new radio isnt high on the priority list

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A single din flip out needs a deep dash bezel ( sticks out like 3" from dash) it the flip out hits the top of dash and can't open all the way, metra makes a double din kit for the plastic dash but with the wood one you'd have to have the wood hole cut bigger. IMHO I stay away from flip outs, usually take a poo from all the moving parts pretty quickly

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the double din on mine same truck it was very easy

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is this retrofit Bluetooth dealio that has been spoken of?

Like so:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tahoe-Silv...eo-15766343-BLUETOOTH-CAPABILITY/254204105286

I know someone here has done the modifications themselves and posted a how-to but I'm having a tough time finding it...

EDIT - Found one of them, not the one I was thinking of though. @delta_p mentions it in the fourth post.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/adding-bluetooth-to-the-factory-radio.45756/

Last edited: