flip kit 4 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There's a guy on F/B that's done several C4 IRS swaps on 400's. RCSBs, though. An SUV probably needs more fab. Differnt frame/floor profile & all.
Has it down so that he can do one on a weekend.
Drive in Friday night, drive out Sunday afternoon.
His name? Shop name? Damn OldFart'sDisease! Can't remember. Stupid brain!
...and...AND!...there's another with a small fab shop who has prototyped a rack-n-pinion system for 400's.
Ooo-Ooo-Ooo!!!
He's had that proto installed on his own daily driver shop-truck for about the last year with no probs. Just major benefits of sportscar handling while no longer having that too-many multi-link factory steering design with it's vague handling characteristics & prone-to-wear problems.
Only for 2wd. though.
Being a one man shop building frames, 3 & 4-link rear suspensions + air bag stuff, he hasn't had the time to get the R-&-P kits up & ready for production. Apparently the plan is for a Spring '19 release date.
Makes all his parts in-house via CNC. The programming for the R-&-P needs doing.

The thought of the combo of a C4 IRS + the R-&-P makes me all tingly in the naughty bits!

Last edited:

J4d320

Reaction score
Lol! Yea. As in...slicing & dicing the floor pan, or fabbing up a complete custom pan, from just in front of the rear seats to behind the diff pumpkin.
Seems to me, IIRC, that the driveshaft tunnel requires some 'massaging' too.
so if i want the full 6 in drop should i just use stock hangars and stock shackles with the flip kit? how will this ride with a 4 door tahoe?

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so if i want the full 6 in drop should i just use stock hangars and stock shackles with the flip kit? how will this ride with a 4 door tahoe?

Get help bags and really good shocks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sparetimefab

Reaction score
So is there a set of help bags for a dropped suburban that bolt on, or all custom? ive done some research but no luck

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the DJM flip kit on my Limited with stiffer leaf springs, so it's less drop than you would get with stock springs. There is not a lot of space under the Hoes compared to the trucks (I also have a '98 Z71...very different underneath). The front leaf hangers that come with the DJM kit actually lower the pickup point, so where a normal flip is ~6 inches, those front hangers actually help get some of that rear ride height back. Problem on the Tahoe, like @sewlow and others have said, is the rear floor, rear frame crossmember, and the crossmember that goes over the driveshaft all get in the way. The C notch that comes with the kit is a pretty useless gesture because of all of the other things you'll destroy before you hit the bump stops (diff vent, brake line hanger, fuel tank filler hose, stock exhaust, etc). Better off using shorter bump stops and calling it good unless you're prepared to go the distance.

Sitting like this, I have somewhere between 2" and 3" of bump travel in the rear with the bump stops I'm using. To get more than that, you need to do some serious work. The only way I get away with that little travel and still have a passable ride is because of the stiff springs and shocks.

If there's anything you need pics of, I can grab them next time I'm under the truck. One problem with the flip kits: I can't get my pinion angle to stay where I set it because the axle keeps moving around on the carriers.

You must be registered for see images

99yukon

Reaction score
I had a step notch and shock relocation done on my 4dr Yukon and about to get it tubed and covered

Attachments

• 01F4C1FC-B9E5-43B0-BDF8-6CB1F77D2F46.jpeg
    01F4C1FC-B9E5-43B0-BDF8-6CB1F77D2F46.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 36