Flex fuel L31 using the 0411

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Sounds like you have it all covered.

On the subject of cnp, you can't run cnp on a 4x reluctior ( not enough resolution), you will have to upgrade to a minimum of a 24x. Efi connection has one that's not to expensive. You'll have to tare down the front of you motor to change it.
I think I might be able to use a COP OS with the 4x trigger if I use the crank lo res option in system options. Not sure, but I've yet to see anyone else try it.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
No luck with the y. Of course it didn't work, that's not how coils function. I still think it might be possible to do cop without the 24x. But that's not what I'm going for right now. As is, I don't think it's possible to get the engine running on a single coil on an LS tune.

I'd be very interested in a flex fuel file from a Mexican chevy.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that, if you select lo res crank, it will run your distributor style engine just fine.

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe the L31 Express van OS might be your best bet to get it running. Then probably try inserting the Flex Fuel segment into that.

Awest623

Reaction score
I believe the L31 Express van OS might be your best bet to get it running. Then probably try inserting the Flex Fuel segment into that.
I already run a 2 bar express van OS. This was just a failed experiment. You can't segment swap between different operating systems.

THEFERMANATOR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way I know to do flexfuel on a l31 is do a p59(green/blue plug) pcm swap and run an 05 operating system. 05 is the only year I know of where you can get a flexfuel tune and an l31 tune that are both the same operating system. I'm considering doing this myself. Unfortunately the 02 flexfuel OS uses the oddball OS that only a few engines run.

Awest623

Reaction score
The only way I know to do flexfuel on a l31 is do a p59(green/blue plug) pcm swap and run an 05 operating system. 05 is the only year I know of where you can get a flexfuel tune and an l31 tune that are both the same operating system. I'm considering doing this myself. Unfortunately the 02 flexfuel OS uses the oddball OS that only a few engines run.
Yeah that's what I've gathered so far. I haven't found a copy of the l31 OS yet tho. I could probably get the .bin but hp tuners doesn't support bin files so I'd need someone to convert it for me.

THEFERMANATOR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I've gathered so far. I haven't found a copy of the l31 OS yet tho. I could probably get the .bin but hp tuners doesn't support bin files so I'd need someone to convert it for me.

I have the .bin for an 05 & 07 l31 manual trans