Flex fuel L31 using the 0411

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
However, the scanner and tach are reading the correct rpm. So I think this can be done without swapping to a 24x sensor

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
I'll try y'ing the ignition outputs next. Just need to pick up some more pins and some diodes

Awest623

Reaction score
Couldn't source any diodes locally. And I don't have a mailing address right now. Guess we'll see if this frys the computer tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Old 96

Reaction score
Couldn't source any diodes locally. And I don't have a mailing address right now. Guess we'll see if this frys the computer tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Looking forward to your results. I fooled around with tbe Tahoe OS. But didn't actually delve into too deep as I ran out of time

Dewman67

Reaction score
The l31 express van os just uses coil 1 output for firing old style distributor.

As far as the flexfuel, you need flexfuel os, sensor, and you will need to upsize your injectors by about 30% to run e85.

JayMB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
'03 Tahoe OS can run coil-near-plug on a 4x reluctor? If that's true I'll go coil-near-plug on my L31. I thought you needed 24x crank wheel for CNP?

Awest623

Reaction score
'03 Tahoe OS can run coil-near-plug on a 4x reluctor? If that's true I'll go coil-near-plug on my L31. I thought you needed 24x crank wheel for CNP?
Maybe. I'm not positive but it looks like it.

Awest623

Reaction score
The l31 express van os just uses coil 1 output for firing old style distributor.

As far as the flexfuel, you need flexfuel os, sensor, and you will need to upsize your injectors by about 30% to run e85.
Hence the Y, tahoe OS, and 56lb injectors

Dewman67

Reaction score
Sounds like you have it all covered.

On the subject of cnp, you can't run cnp on a 4x reluctior ( not enough resolution), you will have to upgrade to a minimum of a 24x. Efi connection has one that's not to expensive. You'll have to tare down the front of you motor to change it.

JayMB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you have it all covered.

On the subject of cnp, you can't run cnp on a 4x reluctior ( not enough resolution), you will have to upgrade to a minimum of a 24x. Efi connection has one that's not to expensive. You'll have to tare down the front of you motor to change it.

Thanks, this is what I thought. Aren't they like $175 for the reluctor? At one point they were around $99, that would have been an alright price.