Flares and wide tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be the 5x5 or 5x127 if 5 lug.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Well, I do have an option for you... if you can find them anymore:

You must be registered for see images attach

These are the only "flares" that I'd get for a 15x10 wheel on a 2wd truck.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I do have an option for you... if you can find them anymore:

These are the only "flares" that I'd get for a 15x10 wheel on a 2wd truck.

You can get lucky at a pull a part sometimes and get these in good shape; I've turned down several complete sets because well; I don't like 'em.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

22x9s I rolled and stretched another inch on the fender radius to fit. Easy to stretch, tough to smooth out nicely after torching.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is that because maybe the wheel is hub-centric and different size center hole (for the axle) between the trucks and cars ?
Not sure why the dude that mentioned that did as he didn't quote what he was replying to, but pretty sure he means truck = 5x5, car = 5x4.75 bolt pattern. Most of 'em, anyway, other than some models of the B-body.

Richard

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that because maybe the wheel is hub-centric and different size center hole (for the axle) between the trucks and cars ?
Being hub centric was not the issue as earlier cars and trucks relied on bolt pattern and lugs for centering. The trucks 5 bolt pattern is spaced larger than passenger cars. As stated by "someother guy". Working at tire shop, " I want these BFG Radial TA's off the ralley's and installed on those Trans Am honeycomb wheels" me ok sure. Nice, what they going on? " my truck..." Me uh you know the truck bolt pattern is bigger. Him " No it ain't six lug its five! It'll fit" me two days later. How are those TA's doing? Him back at my tire shop " uh.. I changed my mind, could you take BFG' s off them honeycomb rims?" Me... ( I can't resist) didn't fit huh? Looks down at shoes mumbles " no..."

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't realize people were still confused in 2021 about 5x5 vs. 5x4.75 but I'm sure they are still out there.

Oh, and there's debate even on the big car 5x5 pattern since they use 12mm studs instead of the truck's 14mm studs. The pre-GMT400 trucks and the older big cars btw which were also 5x5 used 1/2" studs IIRC. I've not ever had trouble swapping wheels meant for one to another on any of those three 5x5 setups, though I'm sure someone has had an issue along the line depending on the combination.

Richard