Flares and wide tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qtrdraggin

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 1500 short bed 2WD I just bought and it came with some Mickey Ts 10 inch wide rims with 275 60R 15s all the way around. The rims are alright, super light weight but the offset is wrong and they stick out past the fenders about 2 to 3 inches. Was wondering if anyone has pics of a wide stance with flares either aftermarket or factory. Was thinking of trying EZ flares off Amazon to help but wanted to see a few pics or at least some thoughts on this. Thanks. By the way I know new rims would solve the issue, but just spent 7k on the truck and want to try and work the more affordable solution for right now.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bushwacker "Company, makes alot of addon fender flares, if you have not tryed them. Sizes and how far out from stock they extend. I got a set just like the factory black for my 93 K1500. Good luck.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not find some wheels with the correct offset for cheap? Anything you do to try and hide it is just gonna look like you tried to hide it....

Zerio29

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me a redneck, but I've always kind of liked the look of Bushwacker flares and a stanced truck. Bushwacker makes some good quality ones. If you like the look (sorry... no pics) it might not be a bad way to go. If you do go that route, I highly recommend getting them colour matched though. However, I agree with Syndicate... I'd go with trying to find some cheaper rims. Without spending the extra money on wider tires to match the 10" rim, it will probably just look like a 16 year old found wheel spacers for the first time. Not to mention a good set of flares will run you $600-700 (CAD) nowadays.... and another bunch if you want them colour matched. If you buy new rims, you can set your wheels in a lot more, putting less stress on the steering and suspension components, as well as the wheel bearings. Even if you buy a new set of wheels for $1000, you still have the ones you took off that you can sell, which would bring your overall cost down to much lower than flares. Not to mention some of issues that flares can cause by rubbing through the paint and creating a sweet little opening for rust to get into... big problem up in the north.

qtrdraggin

Reaction score
I'm looking into some Corvette rallies at the moment, but these Mickey TS are pretty cool albeit wrong offset, super light weight too. Was hoping to see a pic or two with fender flares where such a wheel sticks out past the wheel lip but tucks just inside a flare kinda like a Hellcat wide body Stance. It's a 2 wheel drive and I'd like to go for the g machine corner carver hot rod look but wanted to see if someone had pics of a lowered 2 wheel drive with wife stance and bushes whackers or such flares......might look cool and a bit different.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 to 3 inches is a lot for a 2 wheel drive . I would look on craigslist for different wheels .

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have 5 bolt truck wheel pattern it's not the same as 5 bolt gm cars