Fix - Wipers won't "Park" at bottom of windshield.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Noticed mine would rise up about a inch or two from the bottom of the sweep when turned off. I googled and found a great video that fixes it.

Basically, you remove the plastic cowl vent cover and loosen the nut on the end of the wiper motor to re-index the splined arm on the motor. The motor stops in the same position every time (unless there is some other issue), so you just move the linkage (splined arm) to the respective spot on the motor arm.
It took me about 5 or 6 attempts to get the right spline, but now the wipers park at the lowest point in the sweep.

This is the video that I found that was much better than the others I found that just adjusted the position of the wiper arms and not fixing the "park" position.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Hmm, I thought that was normally a circuit board problem. How would the linkage get out of adjustment?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
@454cid, probably just from old age. My 98 got out of alignment, so did my 97. I just adjusted my wiper arms though, not the piece the guy in the video adjusted. I didn't know I could this instead, thanks @bugdewde for posting this! :D

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought it would only need the linkage arms adjusted, but one was all the way to one side & I couldn't get them right. Just doing it by the arm like in the video worked perfect. Took about 5 or 6 attempts.
I found if I didn't remove the linkage arms (like in video) or not completely remove the nut holding the arm on, I could slip the arm off the splines, move and reinstall the arm back on the splines easier.