First Snow Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2s are "three-peak mountain" rated for snow use and do great in the snow. I run them on both of my '97s and I've been extremely impressed. Very low road noise too considering how aggressive the tread pattern is. I was expecting them to howl on the highway but they really don't at all. On the expensive side for sure, but they've impressed me so much that I'm going to keep running them indefinitely as long as BFG keeps making them. Plus they do look cool. :cool:
three peak tires is a almost meaningless test, but it measures acceleration only. nothing about traction for safety/stopping/stability. even a HT michillen(NOT my recommendation! Haha I hate them) wouldnt have a problem Id think prob has the mountain too.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
The first set on my K5 were BFG Radial all terrain TA 32x11.5 on ten inch american racing rims.
that was in about 1994 or so.
The ten inch rim kept the sidewall pretty stiff and verticle even at low psi.
I accidently launched that thing pretty much off of a cliff in Mexico so hard that both front seats broke when we landed.
My friend Keith went out the passenger side door because the striker bolt broke.
I hit my head on my newly installed non padded roll cage and ended up all scrambeled egg in the bed of the truck from my tool box and 8 cases of broken beer coming loose.
It was a rather high level of tequila stupid.
The tires stayed on the rims.
I was pretty impressed by that and became a BFG fan.
The best part of this is that the US/Mexico border closed at midnight.
After dealing with our brain damage we figured out we had to hual ass 3 hours North to get back across the border.
So we did. The whole ass end of the truck full of broken shards of mexico beer bottles.
Made it back to Scottsdale at about 4 am.
The reason thieves break out the back window on old K5s and Broncos is so they dont have to sit on the glass from a side window when they steal it.
They just crawl over the safety glass.
I didnt have a back window anymore.
I took that out with my head while me and the beer and the tools were rotating around in the back of the truck.
So I woke up the next day bright and early at the crack of 2 in the afternoon and went to see what I had accomplished down in Mexico.
The tailgate was down and their was a blood trail being swarmed by ants that led to the parking spot next to the truck.
the bed of the truck looked like a murder scene.
Some of the blood was still semi liquid.
Not quite Jello yet.
Some dope tried to steal that old K-5 and faceplanted on all of those broken chunks of Mexico beer bottles.
I found his bloody bent baseball cap in the truck.
Broken chunks of bloody Corona bottles behind the truck
He got stuck and cut and shredded.
It was awesome.
Somewhere, some hacked to hell car thief had to teach his car thief kids to steal a flashlight first.
Holy hell, I spit out my coffee and took a trip, of the non-LSD variety, down memory lane. I still have glass in my forehead from something similar during the decades of my spirited youth...Yeah, the late '70s and early '80s weeded out the weak for sure in my world. You, sir, are one funny ******.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I bought the BFG's in 1976 or 1977. Back then they were called BF Goodrich Radial All-Terrain TA's. Right after I bought them we were going thru a creek and I cut the sidewall's on two of them. I called their headquarters and the gentleman I spoke to said they would not only replace the two with sidewall damage but all four of them. I think the ones I bought were two ply sidewalls and the replacements were four ply. They lasted over 45,000 miles and still had tread on them. I sold them and the wheels they were on to a local guy. I don't know how many miles he got out of them.
I'm pretty sure that's what they called them for a while. You may remember this pic from our thread.

Attachments

• Jimmy front.jpg
    Jimmy front.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 16