First Post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello from Missouri, Just wanted to check in and Browse the forum as I am an old hand at pre 86 Chevrolet trucks. I have a 98 K10 that I am installing a new L31 crate motor as I spun the no4 rod bearing for some unknown reason. :flamingdevil: The previous L31, Hollowed out cats, tru dual exhaust was a pretty good stock work commuter vehicle, with good power for a stock engine.

As I am a pre computer vehicle owner, newest being a modified 85 MC SS, I am the owner of several tagged trucks, 85 6" lift K30 Dually 454, 84 D30 6.2, 82 K30 6.2, 56 Chevrolet C3800, and more, then the Wife has the 07 Yukon 5.3, and the 88 Crown Vic , very nice comfortable car.

I am rambling on but I wanted to say Hey and read thru some of the threads before the Hookers, cams and intakes start to show up. Wife says I have enough HP to just get a "NORMAL"? driver for the open road. NORMAL, NO WAY!!!!:cheers:

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, can not wait to get a better Grip on my 98. I think that after some, a lot of learning the ropes from owners who have forged way ahead of the learning curve than I will help me to help understand the new reality that is "modern" automotive technology.

I can build carb tech, feel that oil in my blood, start a new chapter in my life that I should have started 20 years ago. But when you grow up in the 60's and get older not thinking that I would be talking on cell phones and typing on computers, stubbornness I suppose, well the time has come.

I will try to archive questions first and not ruffle feathers but sometimes it is more informative to get some info first hand, to get a start.

Thanks

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, can not wait to get a better Grip on my 98. I think that after some, a lot of learning the ropes from owners who have forged way ahead of the learning curve than I will help me to help understand the new reality that is "modern" automotive technology.

I can build carb tech, feel that oil in my blood, start a new chapter in my life that I should have started 20 years ago. But when you grow up in the 60's and get older not thinking that I would be talking on cell phones and typing on computers, stubbornness I suppose, well the time has come.

I will try to archive questions first and not ruffle feathers but sometimes it is more informative to get some info first hand, to get a start.

Thanks
Don't feel lonely there, I am part of that over the hill gang, from working on cars with points and condenser's and drum brakes with no power anything to learning how to be a high tech redneck ! There is lots of good information and knowledge here, without the attitudes of most forums. Enjoy

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't feel lonely there, I am part of that over the hill gang, from working on cars with points and condenser's and drum brakes with no power anything to learning how to be a high tech redneck ! There is lots of good information and knowledge here, without the attitudes of most forums. Enjoy
Yeah, pointed ignition systems...still really don't miss those! lol HEI was much better :)