First OBS. What should I do to it?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look at it like a stock broker. ROI: return on investment. What is the cost of LS swapping? $1500? engine, tranny, harness, PCM, tune, and what is the fuel economy differential. Perhaps 3 mpg? How long till it pays you back the MPG savings? 5 years? 7 years?

If you looked at it like a broker, you'd be thinking about your commission. Worthless middlemen.

Swapping out a good running engine should really only be done for smiles per gallon.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you looked at it like a broker, you'd be thinking about your commission. Worthless middlemen.

Swapping out a good running engine should really only be done for smiles per gallon.

Thing is, I am the end user also. And SPG is my commission.
My first swap was an '88 1500 4x4. Went from the 4.3/manual tranny to a 5.0/th400 from a 6-lug 2500 sometime around 2005. Along with the swap came larger brakes, 14 bolt 6-lug, and heavier torsion bars. Upgrade cost $1200 in parts, and by 2014 it had finally succumbed to New Yuck's salty winters.

Now in its 3rd life, she's become a .030 over 5.7, 6" RC lifted, R1 tire-ed "pickup tructor". I need a 4x4 powered tug on my property in addition to my classic farm tractor.

The ROI isn't only about monetary value, but usefulness by the end user. But in this economy, one HAS to consider the financial input at the beginning.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thing is, I am the end user also. And SPG is my commission.
My first swap was an '88 1500 4x4. Went from the 4.3/manual tranny to a 5.0/th400 from a 6-lug 2500 sometime around 2005. Along with the swap came larger brakes, 14 bolt 6-lug, and heavier torsion bars. Upgrade cost $1200 in parts, and by 2014 it had finally succumbed to New Yuck's salty winters.

Now in its 3rd life, she's become a .030 over 5.7, 6" RC lifted, R1 tire-ed "pickup tructor". I need a 4x4 powered tug on my property in addition to my classic farm tractor.

The ROI isn't only about monetary value, but usefulness by the end user. But in this economy, one HAS to consider the financial input at the beginning.

I get it. I was just taking a swipe at stock brokers, LOL.