First GMT400 - 1994 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quiksand

Reaction score
GMT800s have always been my go-to. I’ve had more than I’d like to admit, and they are the only trucks I have ever missed when they’re gone. I decided to take a step back in time for one reason, 2 doors. 6 months in and I’m still on the fence... it’s not love, and it’s not hate. Not sure, but maybe it’s growing on me. Anyway, here it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Quiksand

Reaction score
Since I got it home I’ve made a couple of changes to better suit my style. Nothing major.

I’ve also tied up a few loose ends left in the previous owners mods. I’m definitely not complaining, the guy was great, and I made the trip from California to Texas without a hitch. But the truck does need a little TLC to make it a reliable DD. He installed K&N intake, Gibson shortys, Magnaflow exhaust, Fabtech 6”, 35x22s, and 4.56 gears.

It runs hot under a moderate load, but is able to cool itself back down afterward. It also breaks-up/misses a little bit when cruising, throws a CEL, then clears itself faster than I’ve been able to check the code. I’ve installed electric LS fans (did nothing), added a 14# FPR spring (runs noticeable smoother and better), replaced spark plugs and thermostat.

Quiksand

Reaction score
Number 8 made me want to sell the the whole thing and buy a Tesla. But I finally got it.

Got the spring and spacer in.

Homemade shroud needed some speed holes to flow better. I’ll make it look better one day. I don’t like the way it turned out.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a clean lookin yukon. Hopefully you'll end up loving the 400. I think there an awesome platform. But then again I grew up with em

Quiksand

Reaction score
That's a clean lookin yukon. Hopefully you'll end up loving the 400. I think there an awesome platform. But then again I grew up with em

Thank you. I’m old enough to have grown up with them, but for some reason I skipped from an ‘82 in high school straight to a ‘00 in the AF.

That's an awesome ride!

Thank you.