First bagged build, have some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yamaha17

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im getting ready to bag my 1994 c1500 ex.cab step side. Im using 454ss 15" wheels, (not planning on doing bigger wheels for a long time). This is my first bagged vehicle build, so this is all pretty new to me. I am a fabricator, and I have a pretty decent setup in my garage (Tig and Mig welders, plasma cutter, lathe, tube bender, tube notcher, english wheel), so I think I should be setup well enough to do this the right way. Im planning to use the stock control arms, as long as its possible ( i know they have to get modified). I have a few questions before get started on it. Hopefully you guys can help or point me in the right direction.

I just received the Level 3 Kit complete air suspension kit from BC FAB along with their "universal 4 link kit w/panhard bar". The air suspension kit includes the following:

-Air Lift Dominator airbags- 8" of travel, 1/2" ports, 600 psi burst rate
-AccuAir VU4 4-way Valve Manifold
-Viair 380 Chrome Compressor Dual Pack- includes two 200 psi chrome air compressors, relays, pressure switch
-5 gallon ALUMINUM air tank w/ Mounting feet on bottom for easy installation in your trunk.
-50' roll of 3/8" DOT approved air line
-Brass DOT approved PUSH-CONNECT air fittings
-AVS 7 switch control box
-Front airbag bracket set- designed to fit your factory spring pockets and lower control arms.
-Rear airbag bracket set- designed to weld onto your frame rails and axle.
-Does anyone have any decent photos on this 4link kit installed?8" Frame notch kit- 8 piece kit

Do any of the 4 link/panhard bar lengths needed to be modified?
Do I need some bracing between the 2 notches?
Ideas for front & rear shocks? whats the reccomended mounting, and location?
Will i need modifications to Crossmember? (looking under the truck now, it looks like there is a crossmember that hangs below the exhaust in the front of the truck)
Should the Accuair Vu4 be mounted inside or outside the vehicle?
What tire size would be recommended for me to use on these 15"454 wheels?
Im hoping to lay frame, what mods need to be made to fenders/fender wells to be able to lay with my 15" wheels?
Do i need raise my fuel tank?
This kit did not come with any gauges. Do I need them? If so, which ones should i get?

If these questions are too stupid, or you guys just can't help me, ill just get to work and I'm sure ill figure it out as I go. I just like to plan ahead as much as possible. After reading that one great thread -"How to bag that truck of yours", I have a decent understanding of what is needed to be done. But if anyone has any other pointers for me, let me know. Any help or pointers from you guys who have done this before is always a big plus.

Once again, Any help is greatly appreciated guys, thanks in advance.

-George

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Nice truck, just curious to see if you got a chance to get started on it.

From my experience as a fabricator, with a project this big, there's only so much you can anticipate for. All you can really do is get started and tackle one thing at a time as they come up. Usually, the things that I got caught up and worried about from overthinking were problems that had simple solutions but it didn't see it until it was right in front of me and I saw it from all different angles.

Hope that helps!

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck, just curious to see if you got a chance to get started on it.

From my experience as a fabricator, with a project this big, there's only so much you can anticipate for. All you can really do is get started and tackle one thing at a time as they come up. Usually, the things that I got caught up and worried about from overthinking were problems that had simple solutions but it didn't see it until it was right in front of me and I saw it from all different angles.

Hope that helps!
i agree 100% with you. i cant remember how many times i was worried about a situation and it worked out very well once i got to that point. YAMAHA17 you will be fine. you have way more tools than most guys i have seen do their first bag job. one thing i will note is the biggest pain in the ass is maching everything up and taking it apart over and over to get it right.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Yup and definitely take the two extra minutes to prep all your metal before welding. Get all the grease, oil, and milscale off the surfaces and the welds will come out much nicer, consistent, and easier.

Yamaha17

Reaction score
Im finally moving on this project. Sorry for the delay, but free time has been hard to find this past year. Heres a few photos of the rear that ive been working on. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks guys.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Im finally moving on this project. Sorry for the delay, but free time has been hard to find this past year. Heres a few photos of the rear that ive been working on. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Looks great man, keep it up! Nice work [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yamaha17

Reaction score
I Removed the rear cross member and started on a under bed tray to hold the tank and compressors.......

Yamaha17

Reaction score
first time filling rear bags and deflating to test out the 4 link operation.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yamaha17

Reaction score
I started trimming the bed for test fitment. Its also looking like I'm going to need to modify the fuel tank crossmember and raise it slightly, and also section it for drive shaft clearance (it's hitting when laid out). Here are some photos from this weekend's work.