Firewall connector pinout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blasphemy

Reaction score
So I've been searching for about two hours now and haven't been able to find a pinout diagram (even on lt1swap.com) of the connector that goes through the firewall on the driver side. I changed the whole harness in the truck and the pins in the donor harness connector are not the same as the one in the firewall. I had the old harness as a visual reference but my stupid friend borrowed my truck for a month and threw it away and needless to say I was f-ing pissed. Anyways I'm not getting any power to my brake lights (was with original harness) and my oil pressure gauge is pegged all the way to the right in the 3 o'clock position. I'm swapping to an LQ9 in a month or so, so having a pinout diagram would be mucho helpful, but in the mean time I want my lights and gauge to work. Also worth mentioning, the donor harness I got didn't have connectors for the brake lamp relay in the fuse block. Can I get my brake lights to work without the relay circuit?
You must be registered for see images attach

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here you go, this was for a 96 silverado. I don't know if it would vary much between years.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like your having a ground issue too

Teraloaf

Reaction score
I have a 97 gmc sierra 4x4.
I have cut wires and no placement on some. My question is, I have two pink wires coming from my connection block off the firewall, Pins are A2 and C7,
Could anyone tell me where they need to be ran to?
I have no crank over, or start.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like it is circuit 1020 for A2 and 139 for C7. Here’s what I see for a 98, maybe it will help.

The convenience center (diagrams above) is connector C100.

Connector C122, not sure which one you have...

Park/Neutral position switch connector C1, looks like circuit 139 is cavity ‘C’ for an automatic:

Last edited:

Raje

Reaction score
Kinda off topic but since were talking about wiring, I’m shoving a carbed big block from my 79 into my 89, would like to run the fuel pump but kinda confused on the fuel pump relay, was told ecm acts as a ground and it also gets activated by the oil pressure sensor.
Could I get away with supplying the orange to a 12v source, throw a toggle switch in the dash in place of the oil pressure sensor and connect the orange and grey, and which wire would I have to ground off? Because from the ecm I have a Grey that also connects to the fuel pump, a dark green/white as well as the orange (also connects to 20a fuse)