Finally got one! 1992 Blazer/factory 5 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noabarron3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 5 speed 2 door tahoe/blazer has been my dream truck since I was in high school. I have a 94' Blazer but it's an auto and is being sold in order to build this one.

This truck is in BAD shape. Some rust holes here and there, oil and trans leaks, suspension and brakes are toast and it is in desperate need of paint but I will have it in tip-top hopefully within the year.

Starting with the interior which is currently suffering from mold and mildew, a saggy headliner, and whatever other terrible smells you can imagine.

Once I get the interior restored (parts on the way), I'll go through brakes and suspension, replace every part and then get the engine right with an alternator, starter, and some other odds and ends it needs to get it running smoothly and reliably.

It'll get a BDS 6 inch, 35s, fog lights, and paint.

It's a heap but it runs and drives (hardly stops), shifts well, and is one rare bird. No plastic cracks inside and the undercarriage is very clean considering the truck came from Alaska.

I'm gonna keep the forum updated as I slowly move through this thing, hope some of y'all follow along.

181k miles btw

Attachments

• IMG_7792.jpg
    IMG_7792.jpg
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7793.jpg
    IMG_7793.jpg
    1,011.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7794.jpg
    IMG_7794.jpg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7795.jpg
    IMG_7795.jpg
    795 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7797.jpg
    IMG_7797.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 35

noabarron3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're going to do the interior before brakes and suspension.... and you're claiming it hardly stops.

Do the stuff to make it safe, first.
for some reason, the first part of your comment was blacked out until now. And that was probably a good thing.
I will build my truck exactly as I see fit. I have 2 other daily driver quality trucks to drive and given that I have safe, viable options, this one will sit under the car port while I work on it until everything aside from the paint is done.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have 2 other daily driver quality trucks to drive and given that I have safe, viable options, this one will sit under the car port while I work on it until everything aside from the paint is done.

I'm glad to hear it won't be on the road before it's safe. You mentioned selling another vehicle, and I assumed this would be your daily, please accept my apology.

noabarron3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it won't be on the road before it's safe. You mentioned selling another vehicle, and I assumed this would be your daily, please accept my apology.
Thanks for that; and no problem. I am selling my current daily (the 94' Blazer) but have a 2001 1500 (seen in the background of pic #2) that has assumed daily driving duties while the 94 is up for sale and should I need them, a few other less exciting options.