Finally a cabin air filter!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebel04343

Reaction score
Finally figured out a way to have a cabin “air filter” on these trucks. Long story short just got done pulling and swapping my dash and all new components in the HVAC system. Surprised by the crap that gets lodged on the accumulator(then it smells). Finally figured I would do something about it. I took the blower motor off and stuck this prefilter mesh around the circle. ( https://frogzskin.com/product/10058-circle-6-od-5-id-1-piece-per-kit/ ) I bought the 6” OD but I think the 7” OD would fit slightly better. It should be easy to clean with a flexible vac tube on the inlet side ( from the recirculation grille) maybe once a year. Doesn’t effect flow at all. I doubled up and secured it even more with some gorilla tape around the edges just to make sure it doesn’t come off. I can only see this as a benefit for keeping crap off my accumulator. Just a thought for all of us. Pretty cheap upgrade in my opinion. Just make sure you push your squirrel cage down as far as you can on the blower before it hits the housing. That way you don’t have to worry about it rubbing the mesh.