Figure out lowering kit ,tire size, and wheel measurements of this truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakee27

Reaction score
sorry I know this is quite a time gap but does anyone know the risks of running these types of wheels? I did some research and they’re not street legal and the weight of these trucks exceeds the limit that they’re able to hold. If anyone can confirm that or has any info on it that’d be great

Jakee27

Reaction score
Alright thanx.yea i wanna run 15s cbecause they are lighter and ill get a more comfy ride
sorry I know this is quite a time gap but does anyone know the risks of running these types of wheels? I did some research and they’re not street legal and the weight of these trucks exceeds the limit that they’re able to hold. If anyone can confirm that or has any info on it that’d be great

sbnova

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know where you read they are not street legal- The first place I looked says DOT approved (Summit Racing website) There are honestly no wheel police anyway- you can run any wheel you want and nobody would ever know the difference.

Weight limit exceeds these wheels? The 15x8 I looked at says 4,000 lbs rated- that is per wheel. So they are rated for a 16,000 lb 4 wheeled vehicle.

That being said, these are the "Nascar" style of wheels, and developed as an inexpensive racing wheel that is strong enough to take a beating. As a consequence- that means they are very heavy, and can degrade performance due to their weight.