Fiberglass Hood (no scoop and non-cowl)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_Family_Tahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone sell a factory looking fiberglass hood? I'm not interested in a cowl hood or hood scoop of any kind. I did a Google search but only came up with custom cowl hoods and hoods with scoops.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a puzzler... I've never even heard of a flat-ish, OE appearance hood, outside of the drag race or baja world. And those would be a skin only, lift off style for tube chassis race vehicles.

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
You can buy a stock hood fairly cheaply used in good shape, the extra cost to only shave a few pounds with a fiberglass hood on a stock truck doesn't seem worth it, imo.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the homework on that as part of lightening up the the entire front end (fenders, hood, bumper, wheels, engine, etc) for beach cruising in soft sand. For hoods, if not using a cowl version, I'm pretty sure there are no flat options that don't lose the stock latch. Most flat hood options use 4 pins, but there are hinge/2 pin options also. That said, the cowl versions are really nice and maintain the stock latch system. I'm like you though... I really like the flat hood. I've got several scoops I've bought over the years and they are all sitting on a shelf still.