Family overland/ daily driver suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sync

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did crank the torsion bars and I also had to do a little trimming on my bumper. I’m going to go ahead and get a leveling kit for it.

I believe the leveling kits are frowned on around here, puts unnecessary stress on the front end. Generally a 1.5" to 2" T bar crank, with blocks to bring the rear up (if needed) is the limit of the stock suspension.

What I personally would like to know is what GMs stock suspension height measurements were.

541suburban

Reaction score
I believe the leveling kits are frowned on around here, puts unnecessary stress on the front end. Generally a 1.5" to 2" T bar crank, with blocks to bring the rear up (if needed) is the limit of the stock suspension.

What I personally would like to know is what GMs stock suspension height measurements
That is a good question. I’d imagine factory height is near the middle of the torsion key. And I think certain leveling kits can be good and cheap ones aren’t very good. At least that’s the way my past experiences with other vehicles has been.

sync

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a good question. I’d imagine factory height is near the middle of the torsion key. And I think certain leveling kits can be good and cheap ones aren’t very good. At least that’s the way my past experiences with other vehicles has been.

I don't think its the kits themselves. RC gives your new upper control arms. Its just the old design of the suspension doesn't lend well to them.