Failed FPR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see 1 pic. All I can tell is that this is not a 5.7L Vortec, or if it is, it doesn't have the spider injection. What year is this, what engine is this, and what failed????

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a 98 454 vortec. And I think the fuel pressure regulator crapped out unless he ls swapped it lol

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a 98 454 vortec. And I think the fuel pressure regulator crapped out
Yeah, I got that the FPR craped out, and I kind of figured it was a 454, but vague post are no help to anyone. What damage did the FPR cause????

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it flooded the intake. Look at the manifold holes. Looks like its filled with fuel but I agree. more info/pics really helps

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's in the rules to be specific, and this post is not, at all. That is my point. Not to be mean to a newbie, but we need details.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, I think I see it now. Is that fuel in the 2 ports next to where the injectors are? Not being familiar with the 454 that manifold is just unfamiliar to me, but I know enough to make out some details.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I think I see it now. Is that fuel in the 2 ports next to where the injectors are? Not being familiar with the 454 that manifold is just unfamiliar to me, but I know enough to make out some details.
Same here. Never owned a big block. Just looks like gasoline to me. I didnt even know the manifold was flat..... I thought they were angled like the 350.