Factory style radio swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
My 1994 GMC Sierra has a radio put in it, tray where it was. I want a factory style, where the tray goes. Its really not useful, most anything I put in it goes flying out. Do they make one with functionality like Bluetooth or AUX? If not, I’ll do a factory style, but i don’t need a radio when I have the sound of side piped 5.7 :Big Laugh:

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
So it’s not a plug and play system? I don’t mind doing fab-work, if it isn’t. I made radio housings for my first car (1986 or 87 Caprice classic), so plastic work is also fine. Price is steep, but I’m also cheap :D

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it fits right in the 88-94. Has a separate brain like the factory. I put mine under the glove is though as I have drive by wire pedal for the ls. Price is a bit steep, especially since I think it really needs an amp. Not many options though and I do not like the single din radio that sticks out the middle of the dash.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Purchased it and havent installed it, Christmas has been busy!

I do not like the single din radio that sticks out the middle of the dash
AMEN ! It looks awful and the one in mine doesnt work half the time, My 89 was converted to a 95-96 dash with no airbag so its got the stock system with CD. I just use millions of adapters with it

Jwalk3r

Reaction score
There’s a thread on here about adding AUX to the factory radio for 88-94. I plan on doing that, then buying an Aux to Bluetooth adapter and hiding it all in the glove box. No one will see it, so looks all stock and will pair to my phone for music

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a thread on here about adding AUX to the factory radio for 88-94. I plan on doing that, then buying an Aux to Bluetooth adapter and hiding it all in the glove box. No one will see it, so looks all stock and will pair to my phone for music

That's probably a great way to go. I had aux wired through the tape deck on mine for a while. It just never sounded that good.