Factory Rear Defrost Wire Color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am installing a set of Cal-Vu mirrors with the factory heat option on a 99 Tahoe 2DR 2WD and wanting to have the heat option turn on when I press the switch for rear window defrost!

What am needing to know is what color is the rear defrost wire in the kick panel/door still area?

Don't worry I will test the wire before connecting! Am just needing a clue so I do not have to test all wires in that area.

Thank You

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled the hvac controls and wire from a suburban to put in my truck just a little while ago. I may or may not have put pictures in my build thread. Can't remember for sure.

If you already have a rear defrost window, it will be a purple wire. The easiest place to find it is under the dash in the top right of the convenience center, where it then runs down under the drivers door sill to the back. Check this thread for diagrams https://www.gmt400.com/threads/wire-harness-schematitic.30158/.

biggiecamp

Reaction score
Does anyone by chance know the GM/AC Delco number for the connector/pigtail that plugs into the convenience center for the heated mirrors/defroster?

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little late, but maybe it will help someone else.
My write up installing side view towing mirrors on my '99. The mirrors are heated, powered, blinkers and reverse/clearance lights....
Defrost = purple at convenience center under dash.
Power = factory plug (mine were reversed)
Blinkers = Light and Dark Blue in harness under dash/steering column.
Reverse = Green behind driver's "A" pillar.

https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/6...-mirrors-blinkers-reverse-lights-defrost.html

Last edited:

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited: