Factory full length overhead console with in GMT400 Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was at the wrecking yard and saw a 1999 Suburban with a super long console that went from the front (like normal) all the way to the back, the rear A/C controls were in the console and there was a fold down tv in the console.

It all looked factory, had the same holes and stuff up front like mine and it followed the contour of the roof and rear A/C hump perfectly.

I have pics but can't post them right now. Has anyone ever seen one like this?

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I saw two of those; one in a suburban and one in a tahoe that a guy was parting out. They looked pretty stock and did have the flip down TV. I almost bought one but didn't.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Yeah they are pretty rare. Some escalades even came with a screen in the back of the center console.

If you can get it cheap I would snag it. Modify it somehow to fit a newer plug and play drop screen.

You must be registered for see images attach

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw a 92-94 suburban in the jy once with a regency conversion one.

real wood, track lighting, and reading lights. It might have looked good if you refinished the wood, maybe.

I wanna see some pics!

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I saw a 92-94 suburban in the jy once with a regency conversion one.

real wood, track lighting, and reading lights. It might have looked good if you refinished the wood, maybe.

I wanna see some pics!

I've seen a few of those wooden pieces of crap at the junkyard. I'm surprised the mexicans didn't even want it LOL :lol:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Yeah they are pretty rare. Some escalades even came with a screen in the back of the center console.

If you can get it cheap I would snag it. Modify it somehow to fit a newer plug and play drop screen.

That's it. I don't think the screen was in it though. I know I could have gotten them cheap off this guy, hell he only wanted $250 for both front seats and the 2nd row bench. Should have bought both of them and made some money.

blueridgerobbie

RiverMonster
Reaction score
How rare are these things?.........I know where one is right now with the screen intact but the wood panel in the back section is missing. I can get it for like $40 but it is a 3 hour drive

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Kinda rare, dealer option on 99 tahoes(and suburbans?) but not really sure if they are worth anything. It would cost a lot to ship and the tv unit is worthless. Easier to chop it up to fit an aftermarket screen.

There is one in the JY near me, but it probably won't fit my truck because I don't have rear a/c.

BayOverland

Reaction score
Resurrecting thread.

Just picked up a 97 GMC Suburban with this option. I’ve had it for a few weeks and this morning the flip down screen snapped at the hinge.

Has anyone upgraded or found replacement screens for this console unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk