Factory 94 seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Was at a j/y a couple weeks ago and found this '94 Chevy Burb with factory looking captains chairs. Are these actually factory or not? They aren't in bad shape for being leather. There is a little tear in the driver's seat, as usual. The Burb was maroon with the side skirting, so that kinda leads me to believe they aren't factory, but maybe they are.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Aftermarket. Made by a Co. called 'Flexsteel'. Most of the conversion trucks got 'em. Same with the custom vans. Class-C motorhomes got 'em too.
Most were fabric or vinyl covered. Leather ones were available, but they're few & far between.
They're seats themselves are just O.K. They may look good from the outside, but the frames, recline mechanisms, springs & foam are production-line-cheap.
I've recovered/repaired/rebuilt many, m-a-n-y of them over the years, if that tells you anything.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Ah ok, I thought they didn't look factory. I agree with the materials to build them are cheap, my granpda's 97 K1500 QC conversion has custom seats (not sure if they are flexsteel) and the driver's seat foam/springs are already worn out and it only has around 110k miles on it.

It's probably a good thing I didn't ask how much they wanted for them, I don't want vinyl in my 97 haha, that's the last thing I want - super sweaty back.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like they were a $1600 option on the 94 model Suburbans. From what sewlow said, it sounds like they outsourced it with mixed results.

The trucks got them as well for 94 as part of the “Silverado LT” package but only in beige. With a $6000 option price, I doubt they were a big seller. I see them from time to time. They had black manual mirrors instead of the silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Nice! Didn't know the leather seats were a $1600 option back then, and I also didn't know they started the LT package back in 94. That's some great info!

Man, do I have a soft spot for the beige interiors in these trucks, they just look so damn good.