F!&king door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only trouble I have had with GMT400 doors is when the pins/bushings wear. The repeated slamming of a wore out pin/bushing door wrecks the clips, rods, interior panel, window track/regulators, mirrors etc.
Ditto, when everything is cleaned up, lubricated, no bent rods, the door and striker adjusted properly yadda yadda, can pretty much open the door with 2 fingers on the handle and close it the same way. Mine's still wearing it's original 30 y/o handles albeit refinished.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ditto, when everything is cleaned up, lubricated, no bent rods, the door and striker adjusted properly yadda yadda, can pretty much open the door with 2 fingers on the handle and close it the same way. Mine's still wearing it's original 30 y/o handles albeit refinished.
What lubricant do you use and how often? I was gonna spray once a week but feel like it dries to easily or washes away with Houston's rain. I was gonna try grease able door bushings next

Dirty Jim

Reaction score
What lubricant do you use and how often? I was gonna spray once a week but feel like it dries to easily or washes away with Houston's rain. I was gonna try grease able door bushings next
Your favorite brand of penetrating oil (kroil, LW, WD40,) and a shot of white lithium on the latch mechanism. Need to pull the interior panel back to effectively get latch. The door lock mechanism is nearly impossible to lube without doing so. While i was in there I shot some Lithium on the rock clips and window regulator tracks.

Silicone spray for the rubber window tracks

Penetrating oil for the bushings. Sparingly LOL.

Some graphite of the dry and/or chain lube for the door lock cylinders

It's kind of like changing motor oil...less importance on the brand or kind a more importance on actually doing it haha.