Extra wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wicked89

Reaction score
So I’ve been working on my truck on and off and started to work on the brake lights cause they aren’t working, so I went under the dash to replace the brake switch and no luck but noticed that a wire was pulled out and one looked like it was pulled out and put back in, then noticed a lot of extra wiring that I have no idea where it goes to and some doesn’t connect to anything, but one set that still has me scratching my head is behind the driver side kick panel which has two relays and some wiring running under the dash and some through the rocker panel, not sure if it’s factory cause it doesn’t look like it or if it’s aftermarket, by the way it’s a 89 single cab

1997-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I’ve been working on my truck on and off and started to work on the brake lights cause they aren’t working, so I went under the dash to replace the brake switch and no luck but noticed that a wire was pulled out and one looked like it was pulled out and put back in, then noticed a lot of extra wiring that I have no idea where it goes to and some doesn’t connect to anything, but one set that still has me scratching my head is behind the driver side kick panel which has two relays and some wiring running under the dash and some through the rocker panel, not sure if it’s factory cause it doesn’t look like it or if it’s aftermarket, by the way it’s a 89 single cab
Sounds like there use to be an alarm in your truck. I know my remote start connects to the brake light wire so you might have break in that wire where the connection was made.