Extra Lift After Shackle Flip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you also drop the front spring hanger?

No I was looking for a kit for that and I saw ORD had one for suburbans but they didn't mention if it would fit other models and they don't make it for anything else. It's 3" of lift though which would be too much for me anyway.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It wont go all 3" and unless you rewelded the mounts or used some angle shims the shackle flip will give you too much up angle on pinion and will eat u joints and wheel hop real bad when it spins.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Its your truck and all but whats wrong with slightly high in the rear? It lets you haul more than a couple boards without looking overloaded. Your already taking about hauling around a 37" spare and tools and other stuff.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that's what he's after. Currently it has a slight negative rake is what I understood, and OP wants a small rake.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It wont go all 3" and unless you rewelded the mounts or used some angle shims the shackle flip will give you too much up angle on pinion and will eat u joints and wheel hop real bad when it spins.

I got tapered blocks and a few different sized shims so hopefully I can get the pinion angle dialed in.

Its your truck and all but whats wrong with slightly high in the rear? It lets you haul more than a couple boards without looking overloaded. Your already taking about hauling around a 37" spare and tools and other stuff.

Ideally I'd like it level with all my daily driving stuff in it, including the spare. I don't mind if it sags when it's loaded since that's less frequent than driving around empty. I know it doesn't really matter all that much, I just tend to get fixated on tiny details like that. :confused:

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tapered blocks will give you the lift you want. Shims work but be careful not to lose to much of the pin with to thick of a shim. Had that happen on a drag car.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tapered blocks will give you the lift you want. Shims work but be careful not to lose to much of the pin with to thick of a shim. Had that happen on a drag car.

Thats a good point. Hopefully the taper on the block will get me close enough that I can do it with just a one or two degree shim, if any.