Extra Lift After Shackle Flip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fist pick is shackle flip my front was more or less lifted 6 inches. Second pick is after I installed the ORD zero rate and positioned it back 1”. Made a huge difference. You could also hack a leaf out of and old pack and get exactly what you want tailored for not a lot of coin. I have never been a fan of blocks but to each their own. Some consider the zero rate a block but it is bolted directly to the pack. I hope this helps give ya an idea what you may need.

You must be registered for see images attach

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fist pick is shackle flip my front was more or less lifted 6 inches. Second pick is after I installed the ORD zero rate and positioned it back 1”. Made a huge difference. You could also hack a leaf out of and old pack and get exactly what you want tailored for not a lot of coin. I have never been a fan of blocks but to each their own. Some consider the zero rate a block but it is bolted directly to the pack. I hope this helps give ya an idea what you may need.

That's a pretty noticeable difference! I don't know if it was just the slope of my driveway throwing off my measurements at first or if the front end settled over the week or so that I was driving it, but I might not even need the whole 2 inches from the blocks. They are taking forever to get here so I might just order the 1" AAL too just so I have it ready when I decide. I need to go out and find more bumps to try and make it rub in the front and see if I need to crank any more.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I think I know why it was only rubbing on the one side... I went out today and measured again and that side was about an inch lower! I cranked it up some more but my problem is that I don't think there is a single piece of level ground in my whole town because it's all built on sand! :3811797817_8d685371

Even the gas stations here aren't level, and it seems like everywhere I park it gives me different measurements. I guess I can ask the alignment shop to let me measure it once it's inside the bay, but I'd rather have it ready before I pull in.

Any ideas to what else it might be? It was off in the back, but when I cranked the low side up in the front, the back came up some too so maybe it's just that. It's about 1/2 inch off or so, depending on which driveway/gas station I measure it at.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
have you been writing down all of your measurements? If you have, throw out the extremes and average the rest. statistics dont lie :deal:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you been writing down all of your measurements? If you have, throw out the extremes and average the rest. statistics dont lie :deal:

Unfortunately (Stupidly) no I have not, next time I get the chance I'll do that. Take a measurement, turn the truck around, measure again, drive somewhere else, etc.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One caveat, I have the ORD HD shackles installed as well. I had forgotten to mention that. They are the 4.5" HD ones and I did not use any extra leaves as of yet.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One caveat, I have the ORD HD shackles installed as well. I had forgotten to mention that. They are the 4.5" HD ones and I did not use any extra leaves as of yet.

The stock shackle is 4.25" and ORD mentioned on their website that any extra shackle length is halved in terms of lift. So the 1/4 inch difference between the stock and HD shackle only nets 1/8" of extra lift.

My 2" blocks came and I also ordered 1.5" blocks too. I'd prefer not to crank any more, I want my angles to be as flat as possible but I'll drive it for another week or two and decide which blocks go in the truck and which blocks go back to Amazon. I want to be level, but if I can't be exactly level I'd rather be a touch high in the front rather than the back. Something about this body style looks level to the eye when it's actually about a half inch high in the front.

I'm also thinking about leaving the axle slightly foreword in the fender. Since it moves back as the springs compress, it should help rub a little less. I might move it back some (I got the ORD relocation plates) but I definitely want to leave it slightly foreword of center.

Last edited: