Exterior Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Sooo I’ve been having a problem with my drivers side turn signal indicator staying on I don’t have any burnt out bulbs and no fuses blown! So at the moment I have no turn signal lights in front but I do have I in back along with brake light works? So I’m at loss and now I noticed my drivers side lights I.E. fog light and headlight is dimmer than passenger side is really need help I’ve posted this in a couple other times but really no answers?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you running LEDs in your exterior lights? If so I would try switching back to standard incandescent bulbs and see if the issue goes away.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I’ll check the bulbs thing and see but I feel it’s other than that because I’ve run leds for some time now a few years and no problems till recently so.

but it’s weird that it once went off and was normal no indicator on dash light but only lasted for a minute! Idk if that helps in narrowing down the issue?

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you running LEDs in your exterior lights? If so I would try switching back to standard incandescent bulbs and see if the issue goes away

LEDs do funky things in vehicles not designed for them. You could have a single diode burnt out in one of the bulbs causing the resistance to be off balance.

Try swapping one bulb at a time to the opposite side and see if the problem follows it, that will tell you which bulb it is without spending any money.

With incandescent bulbs, dim lights is usually a faulty/loose/corroded ground.

Don’t the Escalades have a body control module that run the lights? Is said module under the console? Did somebody spill coffee or coke?

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d pull the head light assembly out and thoroughly inspected the harness and connectors. Could also be rodents eating the harness and shorting a single strand against another.