Extended cab rear drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95 extended the short bed.
I plan on a 2/4 drop to keep factory ride quality using stock springs front and rear. Will stay 15 inch wheels. Plans are for normal truck stuff, including occasional pulling of miatas snd neons on uhaul car trailers.

Im torn on how to do the rear, and looking for feedback.

Option one is the hanger and shackles setup that is a simple four inches. Add mini notch and shock extenders for good measure, and my Firestone load bags. Seems like a straightforward way, but concerns about driveline angles.

Option two is a flip kit, 2 inch lift shackle, extenders, notches and helper bags. Dont think I've found people doing this. Seems like there is less angles concern, but more room for failures.

Which way would yall go?
What are you guys doing about the carrier bearing, etc. ?
What am I not thinking about?

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did this 20 years ago to a truck I had. Spindles up front, hanger and shackles in the rear, stock springs front/rear. I had a 4 wheeler i hauled around, as well as other crap too. Only time I had bottomed out on anything was when I had the 4 wheeler and a new box upside down on the box, even then it bottomed out on the exhaust, not the frame or axles. Route the pipes right and wouldn't have had the issues. Plan on this with my Tahoe using same method. oh and no drive line vibes either.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The last 2/4 i did was fifteen years ago. Extended cab long bed, springs up front and hangers out back. That's about all i remember other than it had vibrations i could never figure out (hindsight say it was pinion agle. It also rode like crap)

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on a 2/4 drop to keep factory ride quality using stock springs front and rear. Will stay 15 inch wheels. Plans are for normal truck stuff, including occasional pulling of miatas snd neons on uhaul car trailers.

Option one is the hanger and shackles setup that is a simple four inches. Add mini notch and shock extenders for good measure, and my Firestone load bags. Seems like a straightforward way, but concerns about driveline angles.

Option two is a flip kit, 2 inch lift shackle, extenders, notches and helper bags. Dont think I've found people doing this. Seems like there is less angles concern, but more room for failures.

Which way would yall go?
If you're just wanting to do 4 inches, I'd say the flip kit is not necessary. You could even get by without notching, but if you'll be hauling alot, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Helper bags are also a good choice. If I'm not mistaken, the kit should come with the shims to correct the pinion angle.

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the belltech 2/4 front hangers and shackles. The kit does come with the shims and tells you where to cut to avoid driveshaft from hitting

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Which way would yall go?

Also with the belltech 2/4 kit it comes with a spacer for the transmission and the carrier bearing to lift them up as well.

Casey916

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Which way would yall go?
I have a question too because I bought a flip can't Senox from belltech and they took it apart out of an extended cab set up and sold it to me for my 98 single cab and an instruction is saying something about jacking up the rear of the tail shaft of the transmission and putting in spacers and is that for just extended cabs or is it regular catch too because I know the carrier bearing one I don't need but do I still need to jack up the rear of the transmission and put in the spacers having a single cab because my call belltech that's they were saying I had to which doesn't make any sense, I don't know if the people will take more understanding what I was trying to say but they were saying that I still use a spacers at the end of the tail shaft for the transmission even though it is a regular cab which I don't think right anyone help

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question too because I bought a flip can't Senox from belltech and they took it apart out of an extended cab set up and sold it to me for my 98 single cab and an instruction is saying something about jacking up the rear of the tail shaft of the transmission and putting in spacers and is that for just extended cabs or is it regular catch too because I know the carrier bearing one I don't need but do I still need to jack up the rear of the transmission and put in the spacers having a single cab because my call belltech that's they were saying I had to which doesn't make any sense, I don't know if the people will take more understanding what I was trying to say but they were saying that I still use a spacers at the end of the tail shaft for the transmission even though it is a regular cab which I don't think right anyone help
Holy run-on sentence Batman....
I got no idea what you're trying to say tbh.