Ext. Cab Sub Box Behind the rear seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78Monte

Reaction score
Anybody ever see subs behind the rear seat in a EXT Cab? it would take a shallow sub of course but still not sure if it could work pretty tight back there..

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody ever see subs behind the rear seat in a EXT Cab? it would take a shallow sub of course but still not sure if it could work pretty tight back there..
Behind? No, not enough room, the seat is flat against the back of the cab. There's enough under the rear seat for a shallow mount sub, they even make ready made boxes for it.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

78Monte

Reaction score
Behind? No, not enough room, the seat is flat against the back of the cab. There's enough under the rear seat for a shallow mount sub, they even make ready made boxes for it.

Yeah i figured as much.. I've seen the pre-fab boxes for under the seat but I think I'd rather build my own. I got a JL 10TW3 shallow sub that only requires .50 sealed so shouldn't be to hard to squeeze under there.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gave up and removed mine entirely. Put in a kicker 12" L7. It's not much of a back seat anyway lol.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have any use for it. None of my friends are small enough to fit back there, but it does provide a great place for tools and groceries, and my dogs bed fits real well in there with the sub box so the way over on the driver's side. Besides, I have a car if I ever need to haul people, the truck is just for funsies.

78Monte

Reaction score
You must have some big ass friends lol.. I fit comfortable (enough) back there and I'm 6' 1" weigh about 240 lbs

The main reason I got to keep it though is so the family will fit.. I have a 7 yr old that rides back there when we go mess around, camp, get firewood etc..

I'll have to go under the seat for now..

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most of my friends are about my size, 6'1" and between 180 and 220 pounds. If the front seat is all the way forward maybe, but no way three 6ft plus tall people are all comfortable in the truck at the same time. If I had a kid, I'd probably put the seat back in, but I don't, so I won't.