Ext cab rear seat delete with custom setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking for some ideas for my interior as I will not be putting a back seat in my ext cab when the build reaches interior build. Will be painting whole cab while it’s bare and thinking black body (possibly a little red trim/energy suspension bushing overhaul,PS calipers) with tan vinyl rubber flooring and panels are the idea I currently have planned. Though maybe I should see what I can locate for buckets in good shape before I jump the gun on that decision… here’s what I need ideas and inspiration for my rear cab space. I don’t need examples or pictures…. Imagination and brainstorming work too

-minor audio upgrade with couple sub boxes and a few more speakers outside of factory mounting positions (bonus points for ideas to cover or cut out/fab seat belt and ashtray panels as mounting points)
-factory jack panel delete and rigging/strapping system to hold floor jack, jack stands and basic tools/roadside essentials for pulling parts or s.o.s situations be it friends, family or my own truck that’s in need of rescue

I want to keep it a clean daily both inside and out once done and the tools will be fine in organized cases and tool bags or a but floor jack and jack stands or locking bottle neck jacks that I will probably go with for versatility and some extra lift height should I need it could do some damage in the event of an accident or defensive maneuver/sudden braking so I’d like them to have a secure place in their designated spot. I’m not afraid of fab and always up for a challenge. If I like the idea, I’ll give it my best shot and credit goes where it belongs when it comes to recognition in my build thread or Facebook group posts for creative input and inspiration on the build. This is something I haven’t done or seen done and though I’m sure I could rig something up I’m almost certain there’s lots of you guys who could throw ideas out that would be either much easier to pull off, much more effective and much more visually appealing and ultimately effective so your inputs and opinions are more than welcome welcome. Unless you want me to keep the bench, in that case you can sit back there with your knees pinned in the front seat and a sore bum lmao… I joke
Thanks for all your help with the information and inspiration you’ve all given me in every stage and decision made in this nightmare. Good news is I’m becoming less mechanically dumb and naive every day and by the time I’m done this build I should have far more common sense when I buy or build my next truck. Sometimes a guys just gotta learn from his mistakes by being forced to live with them or fix them no matter what the cost and the cost on this one will be high indeed even with solid/restored salvage and new hardware/bushings. Good news is resale value will not matter as I intend to keep it and pass it on to my son down the road

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve thought about this too. I have a handful of those canvas tool bags I keep different things in.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of cool stuff out of the Toyota Tacoma guys. A lot of it makes me wish I had a 3rd door for a slide out storage system.

One of my ideas is almost like an under seat box like in the newer crewcab trucks. Either with kids or open. I’ll have a single 10” sub and small amp rack/distribution center on the passenger side then storage in the driver. I’ll make it come up to the back of the front seats to maximize space. Maybe a “hidden” long box across the front for… long… things…

Also thought about a tray lid that folds up for access but has tray sides and bungee cord tie downs if I want to throw groceries back there instead of my tool box that stays empty lol

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
also thinking about an overhead shelf for the back too or at least a bungee net for the roof, think blankets, hoodies, toilet paper rolls egg-said-ruh.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
How about a full length sub box, side to side for two subs and maybe two extra speakers. Subs/speakers can go in top of box (or top could be angled forward with speakers) with amp mounted in the middle (or recessed even). On the bottom of the box could be 2-3 slide out drawers for tools/parts/etc. The box height could be as tall as the back window trim, since there's no back seat. The top speaker part could be sealed off from the lower if you wanted sealed speaker enclosure. All carpeted to match interior, except maybe the drawer fronts. Just a thought ???

Last edited:

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about a full length sub box, side to side for two subs and maybe two extra speakers. Subs/speakers can go in top of box (or top could be angled forward with speakers) with amp mounted in the middle (or recessed even). On the bottom of the box could be 2-3 slide out drawers for tools/parts/etc. The box height could be as tall as the back window trim, since there's no back seat. The top speaker part could be sealed off from the lower if you wanted sealed speaker enclosure. All carpeted to match interior, except maybe the drawer fronts. Just a thought ???
Yesss!!!!… that’s the kind of imagination I’m talking about!!! That’s something I can work with! Definitely a hard pass on the drawers though. Would be mighty tight trying to get into them but fab that structure with shelving and you have a sweet setup. Keep it up dude. Let’s get all kinds of ideas for mine and other peoples builds. I think this could be a hot topic for ext cabs that doesn’t get discussed enough. I bet most ecsb owners never use their back seat. I know I never have. Still thinking about secure ent for large and heavy jacks/stands and ideas for trim deletes. I may just take those panels, some fiberglass and experiment with designs to be honest. That one is kinda difficult

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of cool stuff out of the Toyota Tacoma guys. A lot of it makes me wish I had a 3rd door for a slide out storage system.

One of my ideas is almost like an under seat box like in the newer crewcab trucks. Either with kids or open. I’ll have a single 10” sub and small amp rack/distribution center on the passenger side then storage in the driver. I’ll make it come up to the back of the front seats to maximize space. Maybe a “hidden” long box across the front for… long… things…

Also thought about a tray lid that folds up for access but has tray sides and bungee cord tie downs if I want to throw groceries back there instead of my tool box that stays empty lol
Damn Toyotas always get the good stuff. Making us North Americans look bad in our own market!