Exhaust System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treble

Reaction score
Look for advice, going to start purchasing some exhaust parts. If you were putting a new exhaust system in what parts would you use?

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gibson shorty headers, Magnaflow Y pipe with cats, Gibson 3" single cat back system. All stainless.

Treble

Reaction score
trying to understand why manufacturers don't build treble a complete system from header to tail pipe. Of course stainless steel, right arrg ..........Gonna have to let this simmer down for a bit though. Accidentally left the items in the shopping cart. She's not going to I let me spend $9oo on exhaust parts. I can hardly wait to see what my 2nd wife looks like

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you go to their website, the Truck Exhaust Kits guys offer the same thing in stainless for $290 and it won't rust away. You could do that, and a section of straight pipe instead of that muffler you had in your cart. Then maybe do the rest when you have more funds?

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That muffler won't really do much for you.

I run two of the biggest Magnaflow straight through 2.5" mufflers I could find (true duals, one muffler on each side) with an X pipe and stock cats on my Vortec K1500 and I wouldn't want it any louder. The mufflers are from their RV line. But everyone likes something different, and I tend to go as quiet as I can while getting it to flow well and sound good. Your setup will be quite loud. Headers will make things a bit louder. Glad to see you are keeping a cat on there, that will help a bit.

Treble

Reaction score
IMoving Right Along....I have most of the exhaust system. I still need 4-45° in order to spread the tail pipes out. Right now there is only 26" between the pipe. Looks like there needs to be 36" between them in order to get around the spare. Does the tail pipes follow the bed rail out? What is the distance between your dual exhaust pipes?

Although I was a certified welder for many years. I do not own a weld machine.I plan on picking up a cheap Chinese flux core welder.