Exhaust System Done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbojunky

Reaction score
Looks pretty good!!! Not knocking it but why not run exhaust on either side of trans? Plenty of room for true duals.
I did consider routing the exhaust on either side of the trans with a H-Pipe. I know it would have worked just fine but I wanted to build something unique. Also, all of the factory heat shielding is on the passenger side of the trans. I feel that as long as the banks are connected with either an H or X-pipe the performance results will be similar.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you have to bend the dipstick tube to fit in there? I have what looks to be the same headers but the dipstick is not routed like what you have.

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's some impressive pipe work right there.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work! I did a similar exhaust on my truck, but it's nowhere near as pretty.

Not knocking it but why not run exhaust on either side of trans? Plenty of room for true duals.
I did a similar exhaust on my Stepside, and I didn't like the idea of running the exhaust pipe right along the gas tank. In the OP's Tahoe, it might be that he didn't want to crowd the front driveshaft.

A Y pipe to 3" single out straight through muffler out performs "true duals" with straight through muffler on the dyno.
I love Engine Masters, but the flaw in that test is that they never tested duals with a crossover.