Exhaust options for 6.0L swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya fair enough. I'll see if the wrecker will sell me the Y pipe with cats cut out, will save some work connecting to the manifold. And then just do 2" to some 3" cats and then into the Y I already have.

Thanks guys, this is gonna save me a bunch of work going this way, especially since I need to learn how to weld first haha

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
especially since I need to learn how to weld first haha
Remember, you don't have to lay it all in one bead. When I'm dealing with thin metal like exhaust tubing, I tend to work in short stretches. Strike an arc, lay half an inch, let up, and start again. It ain't "stack of dimes" pretty, but it works.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember, you don't have to lay it all in one bead. When I'm dealing with thin metal like exhaust tubing, I tend to work in short stretches. Strike an arc, lay half an inch, let up, and start again. It ain't "stack of dimes" pretty, but it works.

Ya I've seen it done lots and 2 of my good friends are welders so they've given me some good info. Just gotta get some scrap to practice on and get it dialed in before I work on the truck.