Exhaust ideas???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys I have a 95 k1500 wit a 350 tbi. Right now I have the factory y pipe cut off right in front the back axle with a flowmaster and turned down. The previous owner installed it. I hate it it sounds terrible the muffler rattles so I'm lookin for ideas. I'm not really concerned about performance I just want somethin that sounds good but not super loud and definitely no clapping. I was thinking maybe keep the y pipe but split the pipe by the back axle and run 2 pipes out the back would I need 2 mufflers for this?

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys I have a 95 k1500 wit a 350 tbi. Right now I have the factory y pipe cut off right in front the back axle with a flowmaster and turned down. The previous owner installed it. I hate it it sounds terrible the muffler rattles so I'm lookin for ideas. I'm not really concerned about performance I just want somethin that sounds good but not super loud and definitely no clapping. I was thinking maybe keep the y pipe but split the pipe by the back axle and run 2 pipes out the back would I need 2 mufflers for this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Can’t find other y pipe for it but all from harris tbi mods
Have it on line and I gained power right away. In fact peeled out of garage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used these on a 5.3 S10 with 3" all the way out the rear. It sounded very good. And quiet at idle and cruise. But sounded best at wide open..

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

Reaction score
I put a borla pro xs or whatever on my 97 with the l31 vortec and it sounds a lot better that my 96 l31 with a magniflow cat back, both are 2.5" systems. Nice deep rumble that's smooth but crisp

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry
sorry for the late reply yall but I ended up keeping the y pipe and replacing my old rusted rattlin muffler and pipe wit bout 10 holes with a flowmaster 40 single in dual out. It looks and sounds a lot better than my old one. Thanks for the help y'all for $350 I don't think it was a bad deal

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Haha thats what I was thinking of doing with mine.

Mine is all factory including cat except PO has put a flowmaster in before the axle. All my piping is shot and has holes all through it. I can get carbon or stainless piping cheap from work so was thinking of just keeping the flowmaster and replacing all the pipe and bends from the collectors back and dumping it before the axle.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha thats what I was thinking of doing with mine.

Mine is all factory including cat except PO has put a flowmaster in before the axle. All my piping is shot and has holes all through it. I can get carbon or stainless piping cheap from work so was thinking of just keeping the flowmaster and replacing all the pipe and bends from the collectors back and dumping it before the axle.
It should sound good man. I wish I could post a video but it won't let me. It's quite but deep at idle and when u gas it its loud which is what I wanted. I can actually have a convo with someone in my truck now