Exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarid

Reaction score
looking for advise. Got a 92 gm reg cab long box 4x4. Found a rolled 93 gm Ext cab 2wd short box with a new dual Ext set up. Guys parting truck out and can get it fairly cheap. Question is will it fit my reg cab? How much hassle to get it to work? Thanks

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The frame length on the two trucks are the same, so it should fit.

jarid

Reaction score
looking for advise. Got a 92 gm reg cab long box 4x4. Found a rolled 93 gm Ext cab 2wd short box with a new dual Ext set up. Guys parting truck out and can get it fairly cheap. Question is will it fit my reg cab? How much hassle to get it to work? Thanks

jarid

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought they would be the same.or close to. Wasn’t sure how figment was gonna be. If it is gonna be to much hassle I was just gonna do new. Figured maybe someone has done it before. Don’t wanna pass up a decent deal if it’s gonna work.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I spent some time doing my exhaust. I did a custom system, but I am a welder, so for me it was a breeze. I cut off the old OE 2 into 1 big muffler, and replaced with 2 old school glasspacks, The went to the junk yard and got another OE tail pipe. I cut this up and bought a little straight pipe, and made it go around my spare tire. I built 2 custom stainless steel tips and welded everything together. I also have shorty headers, and I gutted my cats. The 96 up trucks have dual pipes going into one muffler, so it makes it easy to do a true dual set up.
You must be registered for see images attach