Ev's 98 GMC C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pieced together a full kit with mostly moog stuff. I think the only parts that aren't moog are SKP idler arm and bracket. New control arms, all the tie rod ends and sleeves, pitman arm, etc. Not sure when I'll get around to it, seems like a pretty big undertaking. Especially with a rusty truck.
Yea, it was a tough job on mine, and it was a California truck with minimal rust. Might as well take the time and do it right! I’m sure your truck would thank you for it haha

evsnova74

Reaction score
I figured I'd just take a look at the tailgate mechanism on this thing, see how it works. Before my granddad bought it the previous owner just installed these gate latches on either side to keep it shut, total pain:
You must be registered for see images attach

So I thought, why not, idk, actually fix this? All it was was the tailgate handle had rusted in the open position. Took it out and put it in a vise and worked the arms back and forth with PB blaster until it was worked loose. Even if that's a bridge too far, the part is less than 20$ on rock auto. I don't get people. Anyway, one more thing off the list.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

evsnova74

Reaction score
Also got around to installing some of these front end components, my hand was forced by my winter daily getting ready ended. Here's the first video on doing the steering. Enjoy how childishly optimistic I was when removing the pitman arm:

evsnova74

Reaction score
I'll admit, I snickered when I saw the first puller you tried. That was good work with the tools you had.
Yeah I really don't know what I was thinking. I knew pitman arm pullers existed, why didn't I conclude from that that an everyday jaw puller wouldn't be up to the task? Who could say. I was pretty desperate to get it done, I would have had to drive my totalled daily to get a puller, no back window. Was really trying to avoid that lol

evsnova74

Reaction score
And part 2. I can't repeat this enough, despite what it might seem like these aren't intended to be how to videos necessarily. It's mainly like the video version of a build thread on youtube. I'm just an amateur mechanic. Any criticism is welcome, it's how I learn.