EVO power steering pump replacement....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I have a 1998 1/2 ton 4WD with the EVO power steering system on it. The power steering pump or one of the lines has developed a pretty good leak. I'm looking at replacing the pump and lines all at the same time. My question is....Is it possible to get a new pump with the EVO unit on it? All of the ones I've seen come with a delete pipe or some **** like that. I don't like the feel of the steering without the EVO and would like to keep the system in place.

Anyone have a link or a part number for the pump with the EVO on it? Or am i going to be forced to delete it?

Thanks for any and all help or replies!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can have your existing pump rebuilt or get an EVO pump from the parts store. Last one I got didn't come with valve, you reuse yours.

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You take yours off existing pump and put it on new one.

A good bench mounted Vise along with a selection of 1in and larger combination wrenches will do you a lot of good in that endeavor.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You take yours off existing pump and put it on new one.

A good bench mounted Vise along with a selection of 1in and larger combination wrenches will do you a lot of good in that endeavor.

Just make sure you put it on an EVO pump, non EVO pumps were valved differently.

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It ended up being a hole in the high pressure line. I got it swapped out last night and all is well. Thanks for the replies Fellas.

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It ended up being a hole in the high pressure line. I got it swapped out last night and all is well. Thanks for the replies Fellas.
Make sure the new line(s) aren't at risk of chaffing anywhere.
Any point at which the hose assembly is in contact with any surface, it should be an anchor/mount/zip tie.