Evo assist power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part number 19168825 does anybody know if u need to remove power steering pump to install this bypass my 35s won't turn to park and senseo is bad but they sell this instead any help would be great thanks

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did this and yes it is easier if you take the pump off, but i did it at the time that I replaced the pump so it was a little different.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Did you try unplugging it first?

Unplugging the EVO, either at the bottom of the column or at the pump leaves the EVO in constant soccer-mom-in-a-parking-lot boost mode.
Then, sooner than later, this happens...

You must be registered for see images attach

...and guaranteed, at THE most inopportune moment.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got rid of my Evo recently and much prefer the way it drives without it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i popped under my truck last night, took off the "skid plate" and took a peek up at the bottom of my pump. It's pretty leaky and I can't tell if it's a line or the pump itself. I also have an Evo.

My steering is pretty smooth since I started sucking out old fluid and putting fresh in, but I do feel it bind every once in a while at low speeds.

I think I may bite the bullet soon and put a new pump, bypass and some new lines on. This will help me clean out that area and keep an eye on any future leaks.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Unplugging the EVO, either at the bottom of the column or at the pump leaves the EVO in constant soccer-mom-in-a-parking-lot boost mode.
Then, sooner than later, this happens...

You must be registered for see images attach

...and guaranteed, at THE most inopportune moment.

Mine went unplugged forever with a garbage reman pump. 2 weekends ago I swapped in a good used evo pump and the thing has felt overboosted. My column sensor is throwing a code so I suspect it is full boost all the time. I also just blew a hose a couple days ago, your post makes me suspect this is probably why. Dually has much stiffer steering driving down the road.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My lines leak, but I have no reason to suspect it's for any reason other than old lines and 280+K miles. I think my EVO works ok. Sometimes at low speeds I don't have enough boost, but I figure it's due to pressure being used by the Hydroboost unit, and bad lines. My steering is a lot easier at low speeds than my dad's old 96 C1500. The 96 has to be designed for greater input. I should see how many revolutions it takes to go lock to lock.

I've got new lines to put in. I have a new pump I could put in too, but wasn't planning on doing it. It was something I simply got a good deal on.