Everyone's favorite paint for making headers look good again? 89 350 crate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So the headers on my 89 350 tbi are probably 10 years old or more. Whats the most recommended paint that'll withstand that heat? Or wrap? I'm open to all suggestions. The flowmaster (Super40s I Think) are close to 20 years old so definitely wondering if I should pay the price for new true duals or just throw some paint on em till I absolutely need to. Lol
You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've wondered the same, more for just iron manifolds, Though. I think, you've really got to do something like ceramic coating before you really can expect to stop rust, but I'd love to hear differently.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been using a high heat paint, designed for gas or charcoal grills. Withstands about 1500 degrees. Its held up well to summer towing, and winter salt and snow plowing extremes.

Reaction score
454, I'm gonna try to nail the prep work & use high heat primer as well & maybe rust will be at a minimum.
Nad, I'm glad you have good luck!
PrayingWithTBI, searched high heat paint & now I got 3 cans in my cart but don't know which color!

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use anti sieze for headers on a knit glove and coat them, run engine just up to temp , shut off and let cool 4 cycles and your set.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Many years ago I used the flame proof yellow and didn't like the way it looked on a Dodge 2.2L exhaust manifold. I don't think I realized it would be flat. I think it was also pretty thin. I could see one of the non-primary colors looking decent, Though..... I see they have "iron" which would be great on my manifolds.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I used that on my manifolds after having them sandblasted.

That looks pretty good. I think mine might be rougher than that. I noticed that I had a layer of iron flake off when they started to rust. It was kinda weird.

Are those aftermarket? I don't see the made in Austria mark, that mine have/had.