EVAP BYPASS??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhanson3

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been on n off the forums for a few yrs now.. I received a 1994 Chevy K1500 4x4 Ext. Cab
350ci. 5.7L V-8
It was a wedding gift, truck runs pretty good, til the last week.. so Service Engine Soon Light came on other day n old girl wasn't happy. A vacuum line on the back of the throttle body blew or vibrate off.. I replaced ALL vac hoses n rubber connectors... My question.. Is it possible to Bypass the EVAP system or eliminate as much as I can n the truck still run ok?? She just turned over 193,000 miles n still goin strong.. Thanks so much in advance for all & any advice..
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

ryanhanson3

Reaction score
Trying to cut back on some of the bs like EVAP n other dead weight

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
You can, just plug the vacuum line at the TB and remove as much as you want, but unless it's not working right (applying too much vac on the gas tank) then there's no good reason to delete it. The whole system cant weigh any more than a couple pounds and it does help with fuel economy / emissions / raw gas smell in the cab / etc. If you spend the time you would be removing it cleaning 20 years worth of grime instead, you'll probably get more weight savings and a better smelling truck in more ways than one :deal:

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
EVAP prevents gasoline evaporation in the tank along with moisture sure to get in w/o EVAP system in place,and functional. If unable to repair take to someone who can... Most all components are easily found,and deleting it is a realy,really bad idea.