Escalade vcr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
So the esky has a vcr. First for me. Theoretically can i switch it out fairly easy for a dvd player? My moms probly gonna be haulin my nieces in it since theres more room than her saturn ion for car seats. Also it had infrared headsets. Can any infrared headsets be mated to the system?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wow, I thought they all had DVD players. Our 06 Denali does, but it didn't have the headsets that go with it. What happens when you buy it used.....

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My first thought was to buy a capture card for a PC that has coaxial or component out so you could just record any movie or show you wanted from a computer to VHS. I think they still make blank VHS tapes. After reading that back to myself, I'm probably a crazy person.

If the VCR in the Escalade still works I'd hate to replace it. But again, crazy person. I didn't even know that was an option, pretty cool!

Reaction score
There was A vcr along with a 12” cathode tube tv in the mark3 when I got it. By that point I only had 3 vhs tapes left, so my passengers watched the star wars trilogy(4-6 thx) for a few months before the tv got the axe.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yes mine has the vcr in it also! But if it’s a 99 it was a option but for 2000 as mine is it was free if chosen by the original owner which is what the guy told me when I bought it. Luckily mine has everything but the headphones includes screen remote and all electronics vcr and a whatever you’d call it a junction box to hook up other electronics. But it’s not working at the moment probably something simple but I plan to fix it or replace with dvd and figure out what to do for headphones for my kids.