Escalade BCM Keyless Entry Programming and Beyond

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
If the Tahoe is a 99 or 2000, it *might*. Only the "Uplevel" ones got them, at least according to my info.

In the Escalade, they're shoved up under the center console, you literally almost have no choice but to remove the entire console to get the BCM out (thanks GM!).

In both cars I pulled the latest from, they were behind the glove box, clipped in place by a plastic bracket all the way up against the wall on the far right. Fairly easy to remove.

The Tahoe? Well, I've never been in one so I don't know where they put them on those lol. They will probably be the 16250731 version tho, like the Escalade.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the resurrection of a dead thread, but curious if you got any further with this? I’d love to have the 15 minute courtesy shut off & dome fade out.
How do they mount up in our trucks? I'd love to have flashing parking lightson the arm/disarm. I've wanted this since 96...
Also @AK49BWL do you have any interest in selling repaired/resoldered/modified BCMs as a plug n play deal?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I keep forgetting about this thread, and I might have 2 f body BCMs and harnesses in my possession from my spare donor shells.

Mtrhd329

Reaction score
I swapped a BCM from a firebird into my 50 Pontiac. Just find the pinout for the year you have and run your wires. It's pretty easy.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
How do they mount up in our trucks? I'd love to have flashing parking lightson the arm/disarm. I've wanted this since 96...
Also @AK49BWL do you have any interest in selling repaired/resoldered/modified BCMs as a plug n play deal?
Yeah I could see doing something like that. I still have the Escalade BCM in storage, that one's been fully resoldered like the Camaro BCM I installed in my truck.

Sorry for the resurrection of a dead thread, but curious if you got any further with this? I’d love to have the 15 minute courtesy shut off & dome fade out.
Sure, it's been installed for nearly 1.5 years now, I love it! The fading dome lights, and I use the hell out of that auto-lock function lol. Just have to be careful I don't leave the keys in there... So usually what I'll do is hit the lock button on the keyfob after I've already put the keys in my pocket.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I could see doing something like that. I still have the Escalade BCM in storage, that one's been fully resoldered like the Camaro BCM I installed in my truck.

Sure, it's been installed for nearly 1.5 years now, I love it! The fading dome lights, and I use the hell out of that auto-lock function lol. Just have to be careful I don't leave the keys in there... So usually what I'll do is hit the lock button on the keyfob after I've already put the keys in my pocket.
I've got a couple of them laying around if you need one to mess with, and I'm definitely interested if you decide to sell the one you have.