Error codes 37 and 43. Truck is new to me.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marshallsmith27

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. I haven't had much time since I work two jobs. One job just ended so I have time again.

I finally got around to putting in the brake light switch that I bought and that seems to have fixed no cruise/parking brake light always on/TCC not locking up.

I also wanted to drive the truck around since the transmission was just rebuilt.

What I have noticed is that the CEL will sometimes just turn off and then a few seconds later come back on. When slowing down to a stop it will turn off and once I get going at a little speed it will turn back on. Also it will turn on and off while just driving at a maintained speed and also just idling. I have tried to listen in all these instances to see if theres any noise and theres definitely not. Tomorrow I am getting under the truck again and checking his wiring again and if it looks good I am going to buy an ACDelco knock sensor and put it in myself because I used the only one the parts store had. For it to be turning on and off its possible I could have a bad sensor.

marshallsmith27

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesnt turn on and off predictably I should have said. just whenever it pleases. I need to have the timing checked also since thats part of this