Engine wire harness interchange.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buickman70

Reaction score
Hello, my '99 k2500 CCSB has an engine harness (the big thick one on top of the intake manifold that goes to the fuse block) that is melted. Can anyone tell me what donor vehicles i can get one from? My truck is a CCSB/5.7 vortec/ 4l80e/ floor shift transfer case. The hollander interchange doesnt include wire harnesses. Will a suburban/tahoe harness work? Does it have to be from a K2500? Any info would help me, Thanks.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as the donor truck has the same engine and transmission you can get one from *probably* a 1996-up, though there are some changes over the years that make it better if you stay as close as possible to your specific year. GM liked to change stupid things like misc. connectors, wire colors, etc. so straying too far can give you a headache.

You won't find a matching harness in a Tahoe because they didn't come with 4L80E's. Suburban OK but only if it's a 2500-3500 model which isn't nearly as common as 2500-3500 pickups.

Richard

Reaction score
No sir you cannot use a suburban or tahoe unless your add wiring for the brake lights to work. I recently replaced the engine harness on my 96 K1500 5.7L vortec with spider injectors and i pulled a harness froma suburban and tahoe both of the same year actually i think the tahoe was a 97. The suburban chassis has a different wiring set up. the tahoe i had intermittent spark nothing more.. the trucks were wired to use a brake light relay and the suburban and tahoe do not. they omit one of the splices. i am not sure exactly how to adapt it correctly or add the splice that is needed. i have since got another harness from a truck of the same year. in a pinch i did connect a wire and momentary switch from the white wire on the brake switch harness up to the multi function switch i believe dark green wire in the right side block its the cheapest fastest solution to a problem i hope you dont have.