Engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlawborn

Reaction score
I want to swap out my 1993 Silverado gen 1 with iron heads to the later 1995 gen 1 with vortec heads. does anyone know if I have to modify or change the computer? Im hoping I can just plug all original connections to just turn key And go.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1995 v8 is last conventional heads, throttle body injection. The Vortec started with 1996 in V8 engines. And introduced OBD 2 1996 onward. Yes in calif and playing the smog game.

Outlawborn

Reaction score
So I noticed summit sells a chevy performance intake that bolts right on the vortec heads and am able to use existing tbi set up. Still unsure if computer will have to be modified?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I noticed summit sells a chevy performance intake that bolts right on the vortec heads and am able to use existing tbi set up. Still unsure if computer will have to be modified?
Did you look at the price of that manifold - ouch!? You can probably get away with your 93's PCM but, it'll be better to get a tune for better performance and MPGs. YMMV

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score