Engine oil level dipstick 1992 c1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eplas92

Reaction score
Hi there! Long time lurker first time poster here. I am the proud owner of a 1992 rcsb c1500 with the good ol' 5.7. Problem is that the handle broke off the oil dipstick and I am having trouble finding one for the old tbi motors. Anyone have a part number for it or a universal one that works? Maybe the length? Previous owner ghetto rigged the one I have so I can't even trust the length.

Thanks so much!

chevilex

Reaction score
FYI I have the parts book published in 1992 so it only covers 88-91 model years, but across that range the part number for the 5.0/5.7L V8 "oil level indicator" is 10110878.

According to this site and another one, it was superceded by 10190973.

(EDIT I tried to order that and they say they don't have it.)

I have the dip stick but the seal is shot and apparently the 280k miles likes shooting oil up the tube so I can't use it. (1991 K2500)

Here's a photo with the tape measure starting at the tip and the stick held flat and parallel to it. Looks like the visible part of the stick is about 31 5/16", but that cup there seats against the dipstick tube end at something closer to 31 15/16" or so.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: