Engine mount 96 Suburban 7.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burbman96

Reaction score
I'm starting a SAS conversion on a 96 Suburban, just wondering what anyone out there have done with the existing cross members, or with the Engine mount, I would like to connect the engine mounts and make it a complete cross member for strength.
Using a 99 Dana 60, 7.4 with NV4500 and a NP205 t case. Just looking for ideas or suggestions.
Thanks. Burbman96

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back when I did my first one I didnt' touch the engine. IIRC it's not in the way, so no reason to mess with it. The lower control arm crossmember sometimes gets in the way, but since you have a newer axle with wider perch width, it won't be an issue.

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hacked off a lot of the front crossmember for cleanliness. I probably have photos in the thread I started about the job. You could make a bolt in or weld in crossmember to tie the engine mounts together. My friend did a bolt in one from simple square tube.